Sunday, June 18, 2006

My friend Mark

My good friend Mark came round last night. I met him a number of years ago through a mutual friend. Over the years we've got to know one another a little and have formed a solid friendship. I'm not sure if Mark's a Xn or not. I think he might be but I'm just not sure. Sometimes he says things like, 'If we do the right thing then God will invite us to the party'. Other times he displays such effection for Xst and humilty before him - it's just so hard to tell...

Anyhoo - last night we ate proper stodge. Sausages, mash potatoes, carrots, brockely and gravey. We talked about cars, football, life and love and then retired to the living room to srudy Marks gospel together.

What an ace evening! He relly seemed to (a) enjoy opoening the bible together and (b) grasp the main points of the passags. I was really encouraged. We'er meeting again next week to study Part2. Mark works wierd shifts (he's a bus driver), so I've decided to work my hours around him so we can meet up every week. He really seems up for it.

Please pray:

* That we would continue to meet on a regular basis.
* That he would have a life changing encounter with the Living God
* That as we syudy the bible together (and as he reads it in his own time) Jesus would walk of the pages and meet with Mark in very real and personal way
* for conviction of persoanl sin and the need for repentance

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home