Sunday, June 18, 2006

Boo hoo!

Ok - so today was the first time I've ever cried in a bible study - ha ha! I've been leading some bible studies on 2 Peter today. Myself and my team have been studying this amazing book for a number opf weeks now and today was the final study.

I was reading out the notes I posted earlier and about God's promises and started to choke and by the time I got to 'Gen 3 teaches us that we're not meant to be comfortable in this life'I was full on gushing - ha ha. Tom had to carry on reading for me. Much embarssemnt and awkwardness all round...

Actually - not really. I looked up and I strated a couple of them off too so it was all ok.

Why am I writing about this. Well, I have found much comfort and conciviction in 2 Peter Chp 3. No matter what is going on around me God's promises are still real and true and a promise is only ever as valuable as the person who makes it. What I mean is that when God say's he'll do something He does it.

It was good (if not a little embarrassig) to be moved by God's word. Now, the context of all of this is judgement and the point that Peter seems to be making is that what you believe effects what you do.

11Since everything will be destroyed in this way, what kind of people ought you to be? You ought to live holy and godly lives 12as you look forward to the day of God and speed its coming.

There is real responsibilty that comes with being a Christian and there's never been more of a time when I need to be reminded of this then right now.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, very encouraging. It is so cool - and humbling when God's Word hits home like that :)
God Bless You

3:31 PM  
Blogger p said...

Hey coffee man! Don't know who you are but welcome to my bit of the e-universe. 2 Peter rocks my socks - ha ha!

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home