Saturday, August 12, 2006

Catching up...

Ok - so I've been really slack this week (agian). Here's a round uup of the weeks (non) events...

Monday night - working late in the office. Organising stuff for Soul Survivor, Annual Review and the newUCCF Student Card Memebership Scheme (to be launched at Forum). I'm quite excited about this but can't say to much here as we're in negotiations with various book publishers, retailers and distributers. This has been a fun and exciting project to work on that will benifit both UCCF, our partners and the students who sign up. Plus, as a communications function, this will give me another medium for communicating to the wider CU family about the CU mission agenda.

I really do love my job cause' it so varied. Current projects I'm working on are that I'm enjoying:
  • Student Card
  • Annual Review
  • Electronic Blurb (more news to follow)
Projects that I've had involvement with:
  • Developing the Relay brand and identity (it's like, retro Spectrum 48k graphics meets the UCCF colour pallet). Robust theological engagement, life on life discipleship and 80's funk!
  • RTSF rebrand. We're in the early stages but the bulk of the work on this will commence mid August.
  • Forum. I'm on the planning team and this has been loads of fun too!
Projects my team are working on:
  • New UCCF website. This is going to be amazing! We expect this to go live at the end of October
  • Bethinking and Pure adverts to be played at Forum.
All in all - the comms team are having a busy and creative summer. What a great job! I love it!

Tuesday evening - Went on a climbing wall with my good friends Joe, Ruth and some others. This was loads of fun. I can now tie a figure of eight knot, beelay and I can handle up to a 4c difficulty grade (the grades go up to 6).

Wednesday evening - My good friend david Nixon came round for some food and generally catching up. he recently broke up with hid Girlfrind so we chatted about that amongst other things.

Thursday evening - walk along the canal with vaious friends.

Firday - trip to IKEA and a meal in a Tia restaurant with Ruth and David. Muchos Funos!

So there you go. My week at a glance. Busy and fun! Gonna' read Lamentations now. I've been meaning to get round to this book for a while now. May post some reflective thoughts in a little while.

Just a quick thought.

It is great, isn't it, that we can open the bible with expectant hearts. That God WILL speak to us. He WILL reveal truth to us re: Himself. He is the God who longs to be known and has made knowledge of himself freely available to those who have ears and would listen. I just think that it's not to be taken for granted.

I wait in eager anticipation to discover that which God would want to show me as I open up Lamentations and listen with an expectant heart.

Thoughts to follow...

5 Comments:

Blogger étrangère said...

So glad you're enjoying the job - it does sound good!

But another new website? We only designed the last one just over a year ago! Oh well, if you must: I'm sure it'll be great! I vote for bringing back the cheesy map graphic to click on the regions - for aesthetic reasons we removed it from the homepage (it looked naf) in moving from the old colour version to this current version, and now I have no reference for where on earth East Central is.

Something's happening at Soul Survivor?

I LOVE your description of the new RELAY brand/id :D I wanna do Relay! Oh no, hang on... do I get compensation for having done it in its less funky brand era? But to be honest, Pod, how you could brand it 80's funk when you have a Spice Girls fan heading it up...

4:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

the current site is two years old... needs a refresh.

i wanna see the new relay brand....

2:21 AM  
Blogger étrangère said...

2 years? Ok I lost track of time...

2:48 AM  
Blogger Little Mo said...

The new Relay brand is VERY cool.

But I am not a Spice Girls fan. In fact, 80s is much more where I am at. So it suits me right down to the ground.

9:55 AM  
Blogger étrangère said...

Ok Mo, my bad - on deep and meaningful reflection, I should in fact have said S Club 7, as I recall (hm in fact I've photographic evidence) of you leading dancing to it at a past R3... if I'm not mistaken even more than thinking it was Spice Girls :)

Say, do the Proclaimers count as 80's?

1:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home