Monday, August 07, 2006

Ok - so I've been a little slack of late and this will only be a quick post...

These last few days I have been reflecting on the the hope that is offered in the gospel. Lately, I have really come to appreciate the promises that God makes. Those of you who read my BLOG will know that these have become very presious to me because they speak of the faithfulness Him who makes them.

I love the gospel because of the hope that is offered. Not just in the future but in the here and now. The gospel doesn't make promises about a number of things for this life. For example, I'm not promised that I'll remain in good health for the rest of my life. Nor does it promise that I'll ever be married, or someone close to me won't become sick. I'm not promised financial security or that clamity won't fall upon my head, even as I write these words.

However, the gospel does promise me that God is good. That He's faithful and generous and kind and loving. It does hold out great hope because if God can give His beloved Son for me than I need not question his generosity or goodness - in this life.

I was at church earlier today and, during communion, I almost heard God say to me in an audiable voice, 'I gave you my Son. I can provide for the things that you need. You needn't worry.'

I'm reminded of Jesus' words in Luke 11...oh - i can't be bothered to finish writing this post - you get the point. blah blah blah...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ant said...

Ha! That's how I sometimes feel like ending some of my posts........

But your earlier points are helpful. Living the life of faith in a messed up world involves having a strong conviction that God is good. Knowledge of him and his character keeps us going.

5:11 AM  
Blogger p said...

Many situations in our lives could leave us to question God's goodness. Adam and Eve were encouraged to question God's goodness and look how that turned out...

6:53 AM  
Blogger Kath said...

aw Pod, I do like reading your blog.

7:34 AM  
Blogger p said...

Thanks Kath -ur a real encourager. Especially considering I didn't even finish writing that post - ha ha!

Hey, when we go to Forum let's sneak off and find a pub with a pool table! I think you've almost caught up with me? What's the score now?

8:57 AM  
Blogger Kath said...

mate. you know the score. a million to me and none to you! hehe!

10:24 AM  
Blogger p said...

aw Kath - You know that lying is wrong and Jesus is listening...err...reading...err..you know what I mean...

11:21 AM  
Blogger p said...

Ok - let's just call it a draw?

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home