Friday, July 14, 2006

A special message of hope for the nations

Since the fall, all have fallen short of funk.
What we need is a new heart. A heart of funk.
God is making all things new and there is a day coming when all will funk together. The lion will funk with the lamb and the lame will leep with funk.

Never again will there be an infant who is born without funk
or an old man who does not cry OOoooooOoooooowwwwww;
he who gets tired of listening to james Brown at a hundred
will be thought a mere youth;
he who fails to groove
will be considered accursed.

They will build houses and funk in them;
No longer will they build houses and others funk in them,
my chosen ones will long enjoy
the works of their cosmic bone crunching pyschedlic love funk.

They will not funk in vain
or bear children doomed to a life without Jimi Hendrix;
for they will be a people blessed by funk,
they and their descendants with them.

The wolf and the lamb will funk together,
and the lion will eat straw like George Clinton

6 Comments:

Blogger étrangère said...

There is hope for me, even me! Thank you Pod.

And y'know, perhaps this vision has already been partially inaugurated for me - I was introduced to the genius of Jimi Hendrix during this year by a team mate. No, not in a strange occult 'genius' way duh: introduced to his music.

Live for Jesus, speak for Jesus: funk for Jesus. Will you be helping with the new staff training? :)

5:00 PM  
Blogger Ant said...

Whoah man

7:12 AM  
Blogger p said...

Hey Rosemary - I was reading one of the ealier comments you made and it flowed from that - ha ha!

Dunno' if I'll be at new staff training yet as I don't think they've finalised the program yet. I'm sure I'll pop along for the day at least.

Hope you are well and in good spirits...

1:58 AM  
Blogger p said...

Live to funk, speak for funk - the new UCCF discriptor? mmm...

4:33 AM  
Blogger étrangère said...

Thought it might've been sparked by my comment! Is that Ant being disapproving though?

I'm well ta, back in Belfast for a month learning to drive - intensive course, test date 3/7... before I move to Brum, buy a car :-/ and hit new staff training.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Ant said...

nope

8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home