Thursday, July 06, 2006

Are you waka waka?

Forum band practice all day on Tuesday...I love playing at Forum. It's a huge blessing and tons of fun.

Mark Stone (I like to call him Mark Stoned behind his back - hee hee!) is leading worship this year and he has has made it very clear to me that I'm to lay off the delay/ echo. So, I'm afraid there won't be as many wierd, uncanny atmospheric noises this year. Last year some UCCF staff accused me of making whale noises!?

Maybe I'll end up sounding like every every other guitar player...a little bland with not much depth, colour or texture? Nah...It'll force me to be more creative with the effects I do have left to use (like my crazy Electro Harmonix Q-Tron Envelope Filter...oh yeah...). When I play guitar I usually only have three modes:
  1. Funk
  2. Metal
  3. Trippy/ narcotic...(Not that I'm trippin'. I'm refering to my style of play)
NOTE: Winners don't use drugs.

2 Comments:

Blogger NM said...

Hehe...

Hmmm...last night, around 21:45ish, I distinctly heard 'Californication'...man if I could hear it...it must have been very LOUD.

Shall we, your readers expect an editorial review of how it went?

12:01 PM  
Blogger étrangère said...

Looking forward to singing along to the end result of your jammin :D And quite disappointed I missed the year with the Pod whale noises - sounds well cool. If wierd.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home