Wednesday, July 05, 2006

The Peppermint Power Tower

Going to see the Chilli Peppers later today - Can't wait. I grew up listening to this band. They inspired me to learn guitar in the first place...more about them later - after the gig.

This is the best bit - my old friend Mark is goona' be there too! I was in my very first band with Mark (10 years ago?). He was the guy that put me onto the Peppers in the first place. Our band was called Full Metal Octopus and we wrote such songs as:

Squeezing
The Freak Inside
Hole In My Sock
Squeezy Beaver

Fruity Flyer

Sometimes I feel that life's so bad
Sometimes I fele I'm better off alone,
But then you come along and sing me that song
andI feel my funkyness grow

Your my one and only friend
you make my stars shine so bright
So respect to you and all that you do
Let's stay up - all night

Funky and Brown - respect to Pod

can't remeber all the lyriocs to this...

He gives his but a shimmy, shammy to side as the funk starts to gluide
He's on the slim side - hung like a bass line

(I didn't write the lyrics to this song)

I'm SOooOOoo looking forward to seeing my old pal. It will be a reunion of funk of cosmic proportions....

I'll Blog about it later...

Stay tuned...The funk is coming....

2 Comments:

Blogger NM said...

Arrgh! SOOO jealous... How much were the tickets?

10:05 AM  
Blogger p said...

Dude - they were only £45 - ha ha..err...

2:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home