Sunday, June 18, 2006

Prayer

Ok - so I've got a little behind but like my quiet times I refuse to feel guilty. To be honest I'm not even sure anyone (apart from Nat) actually reads this blog. I'll keep going with it when I have special moments. That way all my posts will have some value attached to them.

erm...today wasn't a very special day but I was reminded how very thankful to God I should be and am for all he has done for me and given me.

Today I was reminded of just how much I really need to pray. For my friends, for myself, my parents and those whom I love. Prayer is a very special thing. Here are some reasons why I think it's cool to pray (some of these are from Peter Lewis):
  1. Jesus was crucified in order that we might pray.
  2. Other people need our prayers
  3. God commands us to pray
  4. Jesus prayed
  5. Prayer is the means by which God achieves His puposes
  6. Prayer works
There are obviosly lots more reasons to pray. I'm just saying that today, I was reminded what an awesome privalage it is to pray (and it works too - bonus!)! I wish I was more passoinate about prayer...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home